From: Earl [mailto:Large.Files@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 6 November 2009 9:50 PM
To: GNU Gatekeeper Users
Subject: Re:  Calling through two gnugks

Mike,

I have been following your thread and do not understand why you are having
problems with ExternalIP in the Main section.  I would think this is
necessary
for ADSL modem + router to work correctly.

Would you please try the following experiment:

register with some dynamic DNS service.  First check if your router has a
built-in dynDNS possibility, and which one(s).  If it does, use that one.

Then insert in the main section, for example (here an imaginary one)
[Gatekeeper::Main]
other entries ....
ExternalIP=my-address.dynDNS.com (or whatever dyndns service)

ExternalIsDynamic=0 (since dynDNS address never changes)

ping your dynDNS address to make sure it is working correctly
if not, reboot router.  When working
then try GnuGK and EPs and see what happens and tell us.

Regards, Earl
www.dyn*dns*.com/services/dyn*dns*/
www.no-ip.com/
free*dns*.afraid.org/
and many others

Michael Bondi wrote:
> When I add the ExternalIP to the Main section, calls inside the LAN
> are ok, but I cannot then place calls to any unregistered endpoints
> outside the LAN.
>
> I am on a dynamic ADSL so I also added the ExternalIsDynamic=1 but
> that also doesn't work.
>
> I get a no route to destination error on my endpoints inside when I
> try calling out.
>
> Mike
>
> Andrew Struiksma wrote:
>> I think you need to add your public IP to the main section like this:
>>
>> [Gatekeeper::Main]
>> Fortytwo=42
>> Name=OfficeGk
>> TimeToLive=300
>> ExternalIP=x.x.x.x
>>
>> Andrew

trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus
on