Re: Coding style, and out-of-date README.

hello Morgon,

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 18:55, Morgon Kanter wrote:
> It's me again. Still working on implementing more block ciphers, but
> there's an interesting issue in the preferred coding style. While the
> 3-space spaces-only indent is carried throughout, I've noticed two
> different styles for method openers throughout the code.
>
> The first:
>    void
>    something(arguments here) {
>
> The second:
>    void something(arguments here) {
>
> Which one of these is the preferred?

neither :-)  in case you missed the announcement, you can read about the
merge of GNU Crypto with GNU Classpath here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-crypto-discuss/2006-01/msg00004.html

the GNU Classpath home page is at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/

and its coding style, which we all try to follow, is described here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC7

the classes are the same but had their packages renamed to better fit
the GNU Classpath requirements.  you should find CVS checkout
instructions on the GNU Classpath home page.

> I noticed in the README
> something about style guidelines but the links given 404, probably
> due to the move from the classpathx project to our own project. The
> home page in the README is also wrong, it still points to the
> classpathx page.
>
> All files referenced are from the latest CVS.
>
> -- Morgon

cheers;
rsn