[GNU Crypto] Re: New GNU Crypto Maintainer

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 09:03, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> this is to announce that i am stepping down from the position of GNU
> Crypto Maintainer.  the new Maintainer is Casey Marshall.
>
> i'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support and
> assistance you showed me, and the project since its inception.

I already told you this privately, but I like to repeat it publicly.

Your work on GNU Crypto has been greatly appreciated. You have vision
and value working together with the other GNU projects very much. You
have not been afraid to just take (technical) decisions and implement
them. You showed me to not be afraid to set high goals when working on a
GNU project. GNU Crypto has been a great example of how you can create a
powerful library for the free software community and simultaneously
offer a compatibility layer for helping developers move off a
proprietary platform onto a free (GNU) one.

Casey has the same capabilities as anybody that follows the Jessie
project knows. I only wish GNU Classpath was as tightly organized as GNU
Crypto and Jessie. Thanks to you both!

Cheers,

Mark