Re: Future blog

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I'm afraid people are looking at the things they think might make
> a difference, but won't make a difference.  I read the list, and
> haven't seen a huge number of unreviewed patches, but I admit I
> haven't been paying close enough attention.

You don't see the whole picture if you look at the number unreviewed
patches alone (which is btw roughly as much as what you've committed
this year!). I for example, am very interested in getting some of the
simple things I've discovered fixed. Unfortunately the whole process
is so slow and uncertain at the moment I don't know if it's worth the
effort to send even more patches. (I'm optimistic though and currently
waiting for FSF papers to arrive.) I'm not claiming you're losing a
major contributor in me but you are losing someone who is (a) capable
of fixing things and (b) cares deeply about GNU Classpath.

                        Pekka