Google Summer of Code 2008

Hi everyone,

The deadline for mentor organisation proposals for Google's Summer of
Code 2008 is next Wednesday the 12th of March.  Our usual practice is
to go under the umbrella of the GNU project and GCC.  Last year, we
had two projects from each: Mario's GStreamer work under GNU, and
Dalibor's javac/GCJ work under GCC.

If we want to be involved this year, we need to start thinking of
possible ideas for students to get their teeth into.  Please post any
promising project size TODOs you may have and also whether you would
be willing to mentor such a project.  I also plan to be on IRC around
8pm UTC tomorrow so we can discuss this in real-time.

Happy hacking,
--
Andrew :-)

Document Freedom Day - March 26th