Re: J2SE compliant RE for Arm Linux

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 17:21 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
>  >
>  > Søren> So far, none of the the platforms I've been looking at (except
>  > Søren> PERC, which is prohibitively priced) support J2SE 5.0. Thus, my
>  > Søren> question is, can you provide me with a pointer to a J2SE 5.0
>  > Søren> JRE (GNU classpath based or otherwise) which will run on an ARM
>  > Søren> Linux platform?
>  >
>  > GCC svn supports 1.5 and, probably, runs on ARM.
>
> Err, no.  ARM libffi is still FUBAR.  I'm trying to get it fixed.

Also, we are stuck with a vendor provided tool chain based on gcc
3.3.something. Gcj was actually our preferred choice, but building a new
tool chain to be able to compile and run our code would result in a
nullified warranty from our hardware vendor.

Anyway, I am now pretty confident that we can get either cacao or jamvm
to work with classpath 0.95, requiring only minimal changes to our
existing code.

--
Søren O.

"Oh, bother" said the Borg, "we've assimilated Pooh".