URLLoader / RemoteURLLoader

Remote System Class (glibj.zip) Loading: We will provide the patch as soon as we can provide you some complete information about it. Fact is the code itself won't help you much if I can't provide you a list of class you can get rid of / or a list of class you have to keep locally. Note about our solution: if we had implemented http loading in the native code (much harder), we wouldn't need any java classes to be able to load some other classes and have all classes from glibj remotely loaded. Since we call java code from JamVM to get the class bytes, we actually need some java classes to be stored locally to be able to run our java routine. We are currently optimizing this minimal package and see if we can't do better by patching VM initiailisation so remote class loading is possible sooner.

Now we are trying to implement remote class loading at System Class Loader level so we can benefit of standard security on -classpath classes. These classes could be loaded by our current remote mechanisms in bootstrap loader but this would bypass security. So idea is to have a second class repository for -classpath classes.

Solutions:
-we already have a java code that we created and is called by bootstrap and we can reuse it from URLClassLoader to get the data (easy)
-I noticed that URLLoader and RemoteURLLoader are also intended to load remote directories. May someone give me any hint to use these one?

The very best would be that we launch our software with jamvm -classpath http://url-to-my-classpath-classes/mypackage.jar

Another question: what is the gnu/java/net/loader/Load_ prefix for? there is no class that begins with Load_ .

Is this possible with current implementations?

Thanks for any info

martin