Re: A confession

Around about 08/05/12 13:37, Adam Tauno Williams typed ...
That really sounds interesting.  Is the code somewhere?  Do you have a
BLOG?

I do, but I'm way too lazy/busy to keep it half-way up to date :) I may post about the Myth one when I've done a last bout of tarting up (so I can try uploading it to the extensions site).

The stickynote one is way away from being an extension. I've so far managed to parse the old stickynotes applet XML in JS, and created a load of basic GTK windows+edit boxes in the right places with the text & sizes correct.

But the business of customising the windows to yellow/no-title and then adding the prefs. etc. is still to come. Although I think there may be a near one-to-one mapping of the original code, so that may make things easier.

I *don't* know yet whether the GTK stuff is available under gnome-shell, though. If not, I may have to spawn the GTK side of things and use dbus or something to show/hide it.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature