Re: Adding a new shortcut script and key ??

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 02:53:10PM -0500, William Case wrote:
> I want to create a Gnome script that runs almost the same as the Alt+F2
> shortcut combination, but I want it to begin a google search with just a
> one word entry.

My System Settings allows custom keybindings. Not sure if that is a
GNOME 3.4 thing or not. It is possible in any GNOME version btw, under
3.2 there is some "custom keybinding" thing in gconf.

For the dialog, recommend looking into zenity. Then xdg-open or
gvfs-open to launch the URL.
--
Regards,
Olav