Re: It is not only me that have problems with gnome3

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 04:26:52PM -0300, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> Ok I know that gnome3 will be the stunning desktop user
> for all, but for now, seems that the change from gnome2 is too
> fast for the users... and forgot about the old gnome panel...
> that does  not work in "compatible" mode, the same way it used
> to do.  For me, I installed new users with Xfce..

Fallback mode works fine, though some small changes have been made. In
GNOME 3.2 there will also have various applets ported to gtk+3.

> and that is not only me
> Please look...
> http://www.osnews.com/story/25022/Linus_Torvalds_Not_a_Fan_of_Gnome_3

That has already been discussed. In short: if kernel hackers love GNOME
3, that would be great, but major focus is not on kernel hackers.
Furthermore, there only has been one GNOME 3 release up to now.

--
Regards,
Olav