custom menus

Hi,

I need some advise concerning menus.

I use Ubuntu for music production. Linuxaudio uses the principle 'one task, one tool' a lot. That means a lot of small packages with as consequence a list of about 50 (!) entries in the submenu Applications > Sound&Video

That made me think about making submenus like:

Sound&Video
                    : Audio editing
                    : Synths
                    : Mixing
                    : Recording
                    : Sound synthesis

Then I need to get the right app (synth1) in the right menu entry (synths).

Installing a not yet installed synth, synth0, should be hit submenu synths also when installing it.

These menus should not be for myself only, but other users on other computers should also be able to get the same menus.

I'm looking forward to your advise and pointers.

Thanks.

Peer