Re: Network Manager and Gnome Proxy Settings

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 03:26 +0000, Darren Hart wrote:

> What does "--load" do? It isn't described in the man page for gconftool.

It is the opposite of --dump.  It loads an xml file of proxy key-values.

> When do specify the proxy values? Is that a one time thing?

Not sure what you're asking here.  I set the proxy values the first time
with gconftool --dump /system/proxy and gconftool
--dump /system/http_proxy.  That creates two xml files I can load with
gconftool --load.  I edit those files to set my proxy settings.  I then
use dispatcher scripts to load a different pair of files, depending on
my location.

--
Daniel Rogers
mobile: 510-379-8302