From: gnome-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gnome-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of KC8LDO
Sent: 05 May 2010 03:19
To: gnome-list@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Remote login

Duncan;

I don't know if you considered it but have you looked at trying xrdp? I've
used vncserver on several Fedora boxes and it works once it is setup right.
I tried xrdp and that was simple to install as running the package manager,
start the xrdp server daemon and I was done. From the Windows box I used the
Remote Desktop Connection application, Microsoft's Terminal Services client,
to connect. You get a graphical login like you get at the locally connect
console screen. With any luck you have it available for your distro and the
install script takes care of setting things up, mostly, for you.

http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/xrdp

73's

Leland C. Scott