gnome desktop auto start

Hi I don't know where to place this question so if someone will point me in
the right direction I would appreciate.
-------------------

Scenario

I want to create a debian live cd with the gnome desktop. I must say that I
only added the core utilities "gnome-core, gdm and maybe something else"

I started the creation using "lh_config" then added the packages I wanted
the "lh_build"

Question

I want to auto start a program within the gnome desktop so how do I do
that???

thanks