Re: Gimp won't reduce graphics to Print Size on printing

>> I thought the whole point of the Windows GDI was
>> that the programmer didn't have to know what the
>> backend printer and its driver was.

> Well, first of all because Microsoft came very late
> to the game of establishing a standard driver
> interface. [...]

Xanthian, instead of just talking in general, could you give some
concrete examples of how one needs to take printer model specific
quirks into account when using the Win32 printing related APIs?

> [Of course, that kind of failure has long ago been
> made unnecessary by Posix and other standards.

Please note that despite POSIX and all, the printing interface on
various Unixes is far from standardized. GTK+ has for Unix two
different printing backends: cups and lpr. I am sure that there are
many not that uncommon Unix variants that those haven't actually been
tested on.

--tml

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional