Re: " Error Starting Ghostscript"

eps files are in PostScript format, eps stands for Encapsulated
PostScript. PostScript is a printer language developed and licensed by
Apple.
Ghostscript is a free PostScript interpreter. With Ghostscript installed
a Windows box that does not have a licensed PostScript interpreter can
view and manipulate PostScript files.

You will need administrator privileges to your machine to install
ghostscript and edit the Path statement.

Get Ghostscript here:
grab the latest, GPL Ghostscript 8.63, and install it.
IMPORTANT - Make a note of where Ghostscript installs (usually
c:\program files\gs)

You will then need to add the path to the executable to your PATH
environment variable. This is not a scary as it sounds.
Right Click  on My Computer on your Desktop.
Click Properties.
click on the Advanced tab.
click the Environment Variables button towards the bottom.
In the lower window scroll down to Path.
click on Edit.
at the end of the line add a semicolon then the path to the ghostcript
exe folder, ;c:\path-to-ghostscript\release-number\bin
   f'rinstance ;c:\program files\gs\gs8.63\bin
click OK.
click OK.

Now you can open eps files with GIMP.

--