[GnuB] Listing of the PDB

I just downloaded the latest GIMP installer (2.4.6) and successfully
installed it and the help system (YES!) on my laptop yesterday. As a
former programmer I am very interested in the scripting language, so
I was a bit disappointed to discover that there was no way to extract
procedure names from the PDB browser. I prefer to use a familiar text
editor for programming that allows me to set up custom syntax high-
lighting files showing selected keywords in specific colors, and
while I was able to cull built-in procedures/variables from the SIOD
site at http://www.cs.indiana.edu/scheme-repository/imp/siod.html, it
would nice to have an ASCII text file with the GIMP procedure names
to add to my keyword highlighting set. (Heck, I'd settle for being
able to copy individual procedure names from the PDB browser to the
Windows clipboard so I could paste them into my scripts without
risking typos.)

This probably seems a bit odd to most of you, but when it comes to
art I'm very much a numbers kind of guy (which may explain that while
I've been using GIMP to edit raster images for years, my graphics
programs of choice to date have mostly been vector based ;)). I don't
have a very steady hand (or eye) even watching the coordinate box
carefully and cranking the mag up to the max, so maybe being able to
program the result will get me to use GIMP more often.

--

Dalton "who probably shouldn't take on another hobby right now" Spence

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)