Re: Gimp Windows Installer failure - amendment

If you insist on paying for an anti-virus program I suppose you could
do so.

I've used AVG's free AV software for years, and love it. I install it
on every friend's PC who asks my opinion, gladly killing off Norton
and McAfee.

Between AVG and the Zone Alarm (also free) firewall, I'm amply protected.

That, and I stay away from Russian pRon sites..

--- In gimpwin-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard Larson" <hblarson43@...>
wrote:

> --- In gimpwin-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jernej SimonÄ?iÄ?
> <jernej.listsonly@> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 01:24:31 -0000, Howard Larson wrote:
> >
> > > Kaspersky reportedly quarantined Windows Explorer as a virus.  I
> would
> > > dump it in favor of McAfee.
> >
> > McAfee and Norton are the worst of the bunch. The rest aren't much
> better,
> > but nothing is as bad as Norton and McAffee.
> >
> I've been using McAfee for years and never had a speck of trouble with
> interference with installs.  Norton, on the other hand, was far too
> intrusive with normal operations and I dumped it.  I can imagine it
> would play havoc with an installer.  Kaspersky's problems are well
> documented. It recently locked up a friend's computer.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)