Compiling GIMP 2.5.x from source

I've read through a ton of forum topics from many sites and searched
endless sites given by Google, and have not been able to find any
reasonably recent directions on how to compile GIMP from source code.
 I'm no whiz at programming or anything, but I do know a bit (I have
MinGW installed, I know the basics of installing with that.); however,
all of the directions I have read have instructions that are no longer
applicable and leave many necessary components out.  Does anyone
happen to know a current set of instructions and/or care to help me
out with the process of compiling and installing 2.5.2 on Windows?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)