Installing GIMP without administrative privileges

When I use GIMP in public libraries, I use GIMP version 2.2.10.
I would like to use the current version, which, the last time I
checked, was 2.4.5.  I have not figured out how to do so.

Gimp-2.2.10-i586-setup.exe, and its companion file
gtk+-2.8.9-setup-1.exe, allow you to install into a directory
of your own choosing.  If I change the default and choose, e.g.,
c:\tmp, I can install the software without having administrative
privileges.

When I run Gimp-2.4.5-i686-setup.exe (there seems to be no
companion file for installing the Gtk+ software), the installation
program fails immediately, with an error message telling me that
I cannot install the software without administrative privileges.
Is there any way around that?  If not, is this ever going to change?
I do not have administrative privileges in public libraries.

There is another problem, of lesser importance.  It is an annoyance
but it is not an insurmountable obstacle.  Gimp-2.2.10-i586-setup.exe
and gtk+-2.8.9-setup-1.exe are both under 10 megabytes in size.
I have mailed them, as attachments, to an electronic address that
provides an HTML interface.  When I wish to use GIMP in a public
library, I use a web browser to download and execute those
attachments.  In principle I could use the same technique to run
gimp-2.4.5-i686-setup.exe (if there were any point to running
it, which currently there is not).  However, many mail carriers
impose a 10 megabyte limit in the size of a mail message, and
gimp-2.4.5-i686-setup.exe is more than 16 megabytes large,
presumably because it includes the gtk+ installation files
together with the gimp installation files.  I did find one mail
carrier willing to accept messages larger than 10 megabytes in
size, so this is an annoyance rather than an insurmountable
obstacle, but it is still an annoyance.  Are there versions of
the installation programs in which the gtk+ installation is
separate from the gimp installation?

Thank you in advance for your reply to these questions.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 North Whipple Street
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111

                             (1-773) 7613784