Re: degraded images from multiple jpegs to animated gif

On Thu, 22 May 2008 00:57:03 -0000, charlesgran wrote:

> I've been taking multiple jpegs, all the thame size and turning them
> into single animated gifs.  The quality looks degraded, is there a
> reason for this?

GIF only supports 256 colours, and while it does support a different
palette for each frame, I don't think GIMP can save such images. I'd
suggest you to try using VirtualDub <http://www.virtualdub.org/> to convert
the JPEGs, since in my experience, it's GIF output produces the best visual
results (you should use one of the lossless GIF optimizers [such as this
one: <http://chemware.co.nz/tgo.htm>] afterwards, since they can reduce the
image size quite a lot).

--
< Jernej Simončič >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)