Digital Scrapbooking

Are there any listers who use the GIMP for digital scrapbooking? Are there any tutorials specific to the tasks necessary to this usage? Such as creation of components that appear 3-D and applying different colors/patterns to stock components. I am rather new to the GIMP and haven't experimented with it that much, but I am interested in its possible use for digital scrapbooking.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)