Problem with Plug-in

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of Gimp; I recently downloaded the version GIMP 2.4.5.
Every time I try to open a large jpg-image (bigger than 500 kb) I get
the following message:

"GIMP Message
Plug-in crashed: "metadata.exe"
(C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\metadata.exe)
The dying plug-in may have messed up GIMP's internal state. You may
want to save your images and restart GIMP to be on the safe side."

When I close the message box, the image has no problem to load and I
can even work on it. But the message irritates me. Can anyone tell me
what it is? PLEASE!

- Ashraf

Software/Open Source: This website is for discussion related to the Open...

power-pro (32 common members)
Software/Desktop Customisation: Free discussion and exchange of hints, ideas and h...

photoshop_elements (30 common members)
Adobe/Adobe Photoshop: The world's best support group for Adobe Photoshop...

photoshop-beginners (29 common members)
Adobe/Adobe Photoshop: list description: brand new photoshop-beginners as...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)