Re: Layer Basics

  "Andrea" <eyre23097@xxxxxxxxxxx> said on Mar 11, 2008 21:19 -0400 (in
part):
> The Help chapter has lots of nice pictures but doesn't tell you HOW to
> do anything! I sure hope that gets fixed in a future version (I'd also
> like to ask for a search feature in Help.)
Start at the top of the On-line documentation http://docs.gimp.org/en/

Then use Google site specific (eg.) "site:docs.gimp.org Combining
Images" (w/o quotes)

or just use Google: "gimp Combining Images" (w/o quotes) which will
normally show you the same hits from docs.gimp.org together with
relevant hits from the hundreds (thousands (?)) of tutorials which have
been posted by the community of gimp users.

These may include "stuff" in other languages and/or "stuff" originally
for other versions

Roel said:
> Select one of the images, do Edit -> Copy (or Ctrl-C).
> Select the other image, do Edit -> Paste (or Ctrl-V).
> The pasted image appears in the layers dialog as 'Floating selection'.
> To create a real layer, in the layers dialog click on the 'New layer'
> button.
>
> I suppose that last step is what you missed.
Or you may have also missed the ability to drag a layer from one image
to another.
Have Layers dialog open with images Source and Target open and visible
with focus on Source image. Then drag a layer from Source and drop it on
Target image.

Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: