Re: Layer Sets (Layer Grouping)?

Thanks for your reply.

I am familar with linking layers in GIMP. "Layer Sets" is a Photoshop
term for adding multiple layers to a folder within the layer palette.
this allows for a "cleaner" palette and also to apply certain
functions to all layers in the folder (i.e. turn on/off, link).

It can really simplify life!

--- In gimpwin-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Greg <greg_b@...> wrote:

> --- toomuchcoffeenotenoughsleep <toomuchcoffeenotenoughsleep@...>
> wrote:
> > I'm a novice GIMP & Photoshop 7 user (color, smudge, cut and paste).
> > I've fallen in love with the layer sets layer grouping feature in
> > Photoshop. Is this possible with GIMP?
>
> I don't know about "sets", but you can group layers:  In the Layer
> pallet, click the space between the eye and layer icons on each layer
> you want to group.  A chain link will appear show that layer is now
linked.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional