Help getting started

Hello,

I'm new to GIMP and not getting far.
The first thing I'd like to do is doctor pictures I take of our dogs.
They are Wheaton Terriers.  In lots of shots their eyes very clear and
overly bright.  I'd like to add some color to make their eyes look
more natural.
I've tried red eye fixes with other simple programs like Picasa with
no help.
I've looked at several GIMP tutorials, but I don't seem to understand.
It would be a big help if someone could provide a step by step guide
to get me started.
Email off list would be ok.
I could figure out other things from there.

Any help would be great,

John S

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: