Re: What is GimpVS

I wrote:

> Feel free, but do that then on that other flavour's mailing list.

Please note that I was mainly referring to gimpshop here.

GIMPVS should be, as far as I know (I haven't tried it), sufficiently
close to the standard one that it makes sense to discuss it on the
same mailing list. But if GIMPVS-specific issues start appearing, or
users of the standard build get confused by GIMPVS-specific advice,
then GIMPVS needs to starts its own user mailing list, too.

(If it turns out that GIMPVS eventually gets more or less "all" users
on Windows, and only a small part keeps using the GNU toolchain build
from Jernej, *and* GIMPVS stays around and keeps releasing new builds
as the base software develops, that is perfectly fine with me at last.
It's a *good* thing that software can be compiled with several
compilers. I don't think Jernej minds either if somebody else
effectively takes over being the distributor of GIMP for Windows, so
to speak.)

--tml

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: