Re: Re: Good book on Gimp

--- Jose Pires <Jose.Mario.Pires@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I am satisfied with "Beginning Gimp, from Novice to Professional", by
> Akkana Peck, from Apress.
>
> The other one I have, "Gimp 2 for Photographers", by Klaus Goelker,
> from Rockynook

I have both these books and I find them quite helpful.  In addition, I
have, "The Artist Guide to GIMP Effects".  It focuses on the 2.2
version, but the techniques are still applicable.  Only the mechanics
have changed.

> I tended to read most of its pages diagonally trying to find anything

> really useful and beyond the obvious. I'd say that is much "dumb
> oriented".

Might want to work on them tact skills there, Jose.  Just because
something is obvious to you may not be to someone else.  And don't get
me started on how insulting the term, "dumb orientated" was.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)