Re: Good book on Gimp

I am satisfied with "Beginning Gimp, from Novice to Professional", by
Akkana Peck, from Apress. It covers pretty comprehensively the whole
aspects of the program and it is well written. Very important, it
doesn't suffer from that annoying issue that most technical books
suffer that is spending much of the time discussing the obvious that
anyone would learn by himself/herself easily with a careful study of
the program and online help.

Although it was published more than a year ago, it focus on the 2.4
version already, which was then available in beta versions.

The other one I have, "Gimp 2 for Photographers", by Klaus Goelker,
from Rockynook explains a couple of techniques that are interesting,
but it suffers from that problem mentioned above: I tended to read
most of its pages diagonally trying to find anything really useful and
beyond the obvious. I'd say that is much "dumb oriented".

On Dec 19, 2007 9:58 PM, Jay Mistry <jaycomp53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to interject in this conversation, but could you let me know of some good resources (books - in print/online) or websites with tutorials on learning basics of image-editing with The Gimp?
> I was referred to the free to download (PDF) book:"Grokking the Gimp", but feel that is too dated (2000-2001) for the current version of TG.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: