Re: How do I correct/improve color on layer?

--- In gimpwin-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stephen & Emmy" <emaillists@...>
wrote:

[snip]
> This image has two layers, which are two pictures that are being
> combined. The background, with the woman the and children, was taken
in
> the bright sunlight. The second layer, a picture that was taken on a
> rainy over cast day, is all washed out and dull by comparison to the
> background. I probably also had the camera set wrong. Is there any
way I
> can brighten/correct the color, and add some color details, in the man
> to make it more closely match the background picture?
[snip]
You could try making a desaturated duplicate of the second layer and
setting its mode to 'burn'.  That will bring the color level up but I
think the overall lighting and shadows will not match the background
layer.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional