Re: Window Manager Hints don't work on Windows (Vista)?

> I would like to use the "Utility Window" option of the Window
> Management preferences to keep all of GIMP's windows together,

> Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for me.  I am using GIMP 2.4.1
> on Windows Vista.

Yep. As far as I can see, the only thing the utility window hint does
in gdk/win32 is affect the window decorations. It has absolutely no
effect on z-order and/or grouping of windows.

As for the different concepts of window transient-for and/or modality
relationships, there are important bug fixes in gdk/win32 for those in
GTK+ 2.12. Unfortunately in GIMP's case they don't help a lot as in
many cases the windows that have transient-for and/or modal
relationships are owned by different processes (the GIMP process and a
plug-in process), and that can't be handled.

--tml

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional