Re: How do you use a plugin from Photoshop?

Alan Horkan writes:
 > I knew (believed) it only worked for x86 because of the photoshop binaries
 > but if you can provide a short explanation I'd be interested to know why
 > it doesn't work with Linux?

Pspi loads the Photoshop plugin (which is a DLL) using Win32 API. How
would you load and call code in a Windows DLL on Linux? Well, as you
say, Wine might provide methods for this, but nobody has yet hacked
pspi to do that, as far as I know. Somebody did once talk about it to
me, but I didn't hear anything more about it.

 > Would running the it (and the gimp for windows) on of Wine work do
 > you think?

You wouldn't have to run GIMP as Windows binaries, I think it might
well work to run the normal Linux GIMP and a (Linux) pspi that would
use Wine to run the code in the Photoshop plugin.

--tml

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/e4wwlB/TM