Re: Some blend modes break in unbounded mode sRGB

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Michael Natterer <mitch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-04-13 at 13:01 +0000, pippin@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Thus there is during processing no predetermined format; as soon as some
>> processing is done on the pixels from the storage format of the raster layers
>> in GIMP; it is quite likely that the format of the pixels are "RaGaBaA float";
>> though it might be quite a few others.
>
> Um? I don't see much premultiplied processing around.
>
> It's mostly "RGBA float" or "R'G'B'A float" isn't it?

gaussian-blur, whirl/pinch, scaling, warp tool, pixelize, and most
compositing modes are using "RaGaBaA float" if they used "RGBA float"
instead their innerloops would have to take alpha weighting into
account to avoid color bleeding from transparent pixels into opaque
pixels.

/pippin