Re: Gimp on Steam

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Daniel Sabo wrote:
>> the core team's opinion currently is that supporting a proprietary software delivery platform doesn't feel right.
>
> I took from this that either drawoc didn't really want to do it or
> someone else had explicitly asked him not to.

This was not the case.

To reiterate... To the best of my understanding there is no long-term
strategy for involvement with Steam whatsoever, other than "it would
be cool, eh?" which is no strategy at all. Hence any voting or similar
activities, in  my opinion, make very little sense, until this
conversation  is reasonably formalized,  with advantages and
disadvantages listed to be judged on. I've witnessed at least three
IRC discussions on the topic and  they never led to any decisions,
just a lot of hot air, and man/hours wasted.

Secondly, during the first discussion mitch and a couple of other core
team members (my definition of "core team member" is subjective and
should by no means be understood as belittling anyone's involvement, i
don't consider myself to  be one, just in case) expressed disagreement
with an idea that supporting Steam is a good idea -- or this is  how
_I_ personally understood that. This is exactly what I was referring
to in my email. No more, no less.

TL;DR: there is no consensus on Steam yet.

Alexandre