Re: Gimp from git Gegl Gaussian Blur and Unsharp Mask useability issues

On 3 December 2013 17:10, Teo Mazars <mazarst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hah, and the "computational explosion" with bad parameters is a known bug in a lot of GEGL operations, it may even make GIMP crash. It probably needs to be fixed in each operation individually, but this is not obvious... Perhaps we will need to make the "process" step of GeglOperations cancellable at some point? Unclear...

Certainly it would be a lot better if while trying to click on the
number to type in a new valuein the Gaussian Blur filter dialog in
GIMP, you could not "accidentally" click on the bar bringnig the
radius to 850, and having to wait several seconds until GIMP becomes
responsive again.

"accidentally" is quoted, because it is actually very hard not to make
that happen. I know the widgets are pretty - no one can deny that -
but maybe, just letting the typeable values lie outside the range of
the slider would be a nice-enough fix already.