Re: GIMP_DEPRECATED - recipe for translation?

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 18:17 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a plugin which uses lots of functions which are deprecated now.
> Since the macro GIMP_DEPRECATED_FOR suggests functions with totally
> different parameters
> GIMP_DEPRECATED_FOR(gimp_drawable_get_buffer)
> void      gimp_pixel_rgn_init       (GimpPixelRgn  *pr,
>                                       GimpDrawable  *drawable,
>                                       gint           x,
>                                       gint           y,
>                                       gint           width,
>                                       gint           height,
>                                       gint           dirty,
>                                       gint           shadow);
>
> (gimp_drawable_get_buffer has a single drawable_ID parameter only)
>
> is there a recipe how to translate the old calls into the current
> function calls?

Hi,

first of all, there should clearly be a guide for porting
GimpDrawable/GimpPixelRgn code to GeglBuffer.

gimp_drawable_get_buffer() or gimp_drawable_get_shadow_buffer()
are the right replacement APIs here. What to do further depends
on what you do next with the pixel region. Look at the
GIMP_DEPRECATED_FOR() above the remaining pixel region functions
to figure how to proceed with the buffer.

The GEGL API is documented at http://www.gegl.org/api.html

Maybe you can write up a tutorial about how you ported
your plug-in :)

Regards,
--Mtich