Re: Python source code for the smooth curve through points algorithm I made

A Bezier curve will be a lot smoother: http://i.imgur.com/73Lhvhw.png

On 07/17/2013 03:47 PM, Ben Thurston wrote:
Right I should have made it more clear, I left it as a comment in the code, but the first and last point figure into the calculation and do have some effect but are not directly connected to the rest of the curve. They could be left undrawn or automatically be selected as the top left of the bounding rectangle and the bottom right or as I was saying put anywhere to give the beginning and end of the curve the "feel" that it was coming from a certain direction before the points that actually are all connected. The second issue is that I was placing the red dots in gimp and reading off their coordinates also with gimp to put in the program, so it wasn't exact, but the coordinates actually put in the program are all plotted as pixels so in the end are drawn as part of the curve... Thanks for the question I'm going to post this in an update with your name if you don't mind? You didn't seem to last time...