[enhancement] Improved layer-visibility icons

Very tempted to file this one on GNOME already, but going to check here first in case I missed something (e.g. is it configurable?) .

When you hide a layer group in GIMP 2.8, all items inside it get a new eye-with-slash icon to indicate that they are visible individually but hidden as a group.

This icon is . . . too visible.  It needs to be something LESS visible than the normal eye icon.

Attached is a mockup of what some alternate icons can look like.  One uses a 50% opacity, and another uses a 50% dither.  (Myself, I prefer the dither look.)

Response?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx