Re: UI drag and drop issues prevent layer reorder or dialog tab reorder

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Jernej Simončič
<jernej|s-gmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:24:12 +0100, Powerpuncher wrote:
>
>> It's almost a month since I contacted the Kaspersky support and they haven't
>> answered, yet. Which is very weak of them! I'm really dissappointed of them and
>> I think I will switch my AV when my license runs out.
>> I will keep you updated if and when they decide to answer my request.
>
> Perhaps we'll have to add a warning on the download page that Kaspersky
> breaks GIMP, and users should avoid it. It worked in the past...

I guess that makes sense. The message should be well worded, and as
neutral as possible though. I am not for putting a blame on anyone.
And it is not said that there is not something that we could do to
work around the issue too.

But it could be a message in the line of "There is a known UI issue of
drag'n drop failing on Windows when Kaspersky's antivirus is installed
alongside GIMP. If you encounter such an issue, you are encouraged to
report any information to Kaspersky [link] and on the GIMP tracker
[link]. The only workaround known for the moment is to try and use
another antivirus."

Or something like this. :-)

Jehan