Re: Why so COMPLICATED?

> On 29 December 2013 17:09, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 28 December 2013 16:15, Richard <strata_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
 > On a tangent, you just pointed out the biggest flaw with shaped
gradients:  You can't specify a gradient length.  What's the point of
even having it without that functionality?  I'd get faster (more
precise, controllable, etc.) results by brushing the edges by hand.

> Note that on the script, I could walk around this by performing
> gaussian-blur + levels
> on the pasted layer's mask, instead of using gradients.
> But indeed,you have a point there. I even went to check if the
> "offset" parameter of the gradient-tool could give one the control missing
> for shaped gradients, but it has no effect at all.

The worst part is that you HAVE to click AND drag to execute the gradient - simply clicking and releasing won't engage it.  So GIMP already has a specified gradient length available but is simply ignoring it.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx