Re: Help browser defaults to wrong program.

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:06 AM, john Culleton <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When I seek to access the help manual online instead of any of
> my web browsers I get Quanta, which these days is an IDE for web
> or other development. Only Gimp makes this mistake. Inkscape
> does not. I don't care if I get Firefox or Seamonkey or
> Konqueror. I just want to get a real web browser.

I have not tested in details myself, but with a fast quick code check,
it looks like GIMP would use the standard method (through glib) to get
the user-defined browser.
Could you tell me what is the result to these 3 commands:

$ xdg-mime query default text/html
$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/http
$ xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/https

It should be the desktop file for the desired application (for
instance "firefox.desktop" if you want Firefox).
If it isn't, please set it with the following commands:

$ xdg-mime default firefox.desktop x-scheme-handler/http
$ xdg-mime default firefox.desktop x-scheme-handler/https
$ xdg-mime default firefox.desktop text/html

If you already had the right settings, but the expected browser is
still not the one to be loaded, then there is probably indeed a
problem in GIMP code.
I will wait for the verification. :-)
Thank you very much.

Jehan