Re: using GIMP jpegs in OpenOffice Writer - error

On 09/04/2013 02:00 PM, Uniklaps wrote:
Win 7 64 bit  RAM 16 GB  GIMP  2.8.4

Hi friends,

with GIMP I create maps using a WACOM tablet. I save the data as xcf,
additional using the export option as jpg and tif.  These files Jpg and tif
are for further use. If I try to insert one of these jpgs, OpenOffice Writer
(3.4.1) show an error report "graphic filter not found" (translated from
german)

If I open the GIMP jpg with Photoshop elements and save it again as jpg
either overwriting the old file from GIMP-export or creating a new file
(copy) , OO Writer shows the same error-report; same reaction with the GIMP
tif.

But if I open the GIMP jpg or GIMP tif with PhotoLine (V 17.11; Shareware;
demo free
www.pl32.de) and save it again als jpg (highest qualitiy) then OO Writer
insert this picture.

Is this behaviour caused by GIMP or OO Writer or are both "guilty" or is
this a bug ?

Is there a way to persuade GIMP to export a readable jpg  ??

In the advanced options of the JPEG save dialog, un-tick the "Progressive" box. it is known to cause problems. If I guessed right you can file a bug with OpenOffice because it really should support that feature...