Re: SureThing and Memorex exPressit files

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Edward Wood wrote:
> I would like to see a plug-in that will allow Gimp to read SureThing CD
> Creator and/or Memorex exPressit Label Design Studio files into Gimp so that
> they could be saved as standard jpeg files.
>
> The file extension for both SureThing and exPressit is .std or .stt. While
> they will import jpeg files, you do not have the option to save the files as
> .jpg files. If I have created a file in either SureThing or exPressit, and
> want to import that file into another CD Creation, or share that file with
> someone else, they are out of luck, since only SureThing or exPressit can
> read the proprietary .std or .stt files.

Edward,

I'm curious: why do you think that GIMP is the right tool for that? As
soon as you rasterize data, you lose the ability to edit e.g. text
labels. Glabels sounds like a much better candidate for what you are
trying to achieve.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org