Cannot Add New Text (confirm text editing)

Hey, thanks for the reply.

i think it has something to do w/ the layer underneath being so big that
everywhere that i am clicking, GIMP thinks i want to change the current settings
in the text or something.

because if i click off of the canvas, then it lets me add new text.
apparently, it has something to do w/ the layer size. it seems like all of the
layers are 780x1280...

here is the link to the file i am editing...

http://www.screenlicious.com/2012/12/14/infinity/

http://adf.ly/2793262/infinitypsd

i think i am going to just recreate everything in Inkscape, that program makes a
lot more sense in my mind than GIMP.

--
latinojuan (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)