Re: Gimp not starting on Mac OS 10.6.8 32 bit

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Matteo D email <mdcerasoli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have been using Gimp for a week or so and have really enjoyed it.  It was perfect for my needs, and has helped me with many tasks.  However, one day Gimp stopped working.  It wasn't that Gimp froze or anything, It would jump in the dock for a few seconds, then just stop and an error would come on the screen saying it quit unexpectedly.  I restarted my computer and Gimp worked fine.  One day, Gimp wouldn't start at all, and restarting the computer did not help.  I deleted all of Gimp's files and reinstalled it, somehow Gimp STILL didn't work.  I triple checked and re-downloaded many more times, but Gimp still did not want to start.  Sadly, I am unable to supply a crash report.  However, when I read it, it said something about a GCS window or something.  I understand how important a crash report would be, but I am just unable to supply it to you. Here are my computer specs:

a better way to diagnose the issue would be for you to start GIMP from a terminal console.

I am not very aware of OSX GIMP package, but since this is a UNIX, I guess GIMP is also installed in the global path. So if you can start a console and just type "gimp" in it, then enter, I imagine gimp will start, and maybe you will have more interesting crash information that a log bumping in the dock. :-D

Then come back on the ml and copy/paste this output.
Also tell us which version of GIMP is installed!
Thanks for the report.

Jehan

MacBook, 13-inch 2006
Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 32-bit
Intel Core Duo 1.83GHZ
2GB of RAM

I know that it is NOT the computer specs that make Gimp unable to run because as I said, at one point Gimp worked fine.

I really hope that you guys can help me with this problem!
-Mc