Re: gimp definition

On 07/24/2012 02:55 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
> Ofnuts <ofnuts@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> I'd go for GINP. GINP Is Not Photoshop.
>
> Ahah, make people think it's a new name, while they pronounce it the old
> way due to phonological assimilation. Sneaky.

A certain well known "closed source" image editor needs to be
renamed:  Call it PING.  The shoe fits.

I have tried that editor a couple of times - and by "try" I mean
that I got a bunch of manuals and tutorials and made a serious
resolution to use it for at least a month.  The longest I ever
managed to keep trying was about two weeks.  Some of that thing's
deficiencies are possible to work around, others NOT, as far as I
could tell.

Photoshop Is Not GIMP.  Not even close.  Of course, anyone who has
invested thousands of hours in Photoshop would rather fight than
switch, for perfectly understandable reasons.  I only wish there
were more of these folks:  I have had to deal with a lot of printers
and publishers over the years and about half of these encounters
have been horror stories.

:o/

Steve