Re: HATE the new save vs. export behavior

On Sat, 5 May 2012 12:32:22 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'm not sure what this question means.
>
> The question should be understood literally :) Is GIMP the only tool
> to get your job done?

I wrote a couple of macros in Guile which help me, so Gimp is
my preferred tool, yes. Say 95% of bitmap editing is done in Gimp. For
vector work, I use Inkscape (which, BTW, has a very convoluted file
file flow).

> >> We don't know if you need this unsafe workflow all the time or half the time.
> >
> > I'm not sure what's unsafe.
>
> Losing multiple layers, masks, extra channels etc. is unsafe.

Options for people who loose Y hours of work by slips of fingers:

-When starting to edit, why not immediately do a Save as xxx.xcf?

-Why not add (to Gimp) the possibility to maintain an autosave copy
 in (.XCF format) each N minutes? And not delete it for X days?

-Why not make the Undo buffer for the last N edited images
persistent for X days? Disk space is generally not an issue.

John