Re: Why does saves as JPG default to quality 85?

I suppose the reason I didn't go the preview route is that I'm a bit annoyed that GIMP doesn't remember that I've changed that setting to 75 every single time I've made a JPG. Now that you suggest it, I could run a test and see if GIMP's apparent 85 default really does/doesn't make a significant difference in file size compared to the number I prefer. If the two yield similar results, I can just accept the fact that GIMP won't adapt to a user's work pattern (grrrr, don't like that idea) and let it save all JPG files at 85.

Keith

(PS Cool sig)