Re: jpeg files not recognised

On 03/09/2012 09:21 AM, autolisp wrote:

>> 1.  Uninstall the GIMP.
>> 2.  Do a global file and directory search for the word gimp, and
delete all directories found - unless some have your own files in
them of course!
http://www.gimp.org/windows/ and install it.

> That worked. I don't understand why my software removal
application (uruninstaller) left a trace of something behind. But
thanks for the solution.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windoze troubleshooting.  The
problem was probabaly a missing or corrupted registry entry caused
by a general Microsoft f***up or an error by a registry cleaner
tool.  Or, the folks who wrote the uninstaller script may have
failed to anticipate some detail of your local system configuration.

Anyway, glad to hear that you are up and GIMPing again!

:o)

Steve