Re: Histogram

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Anja_W <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks everybody for your replys. I really appreciate it. I was not aware that you can use R for pictures. Any good tutorials out there? Any specific package I need to instal? Thanks again. Anja
>
> --
> Anja_W (via gimpusers.com)

R has has extensive collection of packages that you can download
contributed usually by scientist working in specific area. I am almost
positive that there are packages written specifically for marine
biologists, certainly for ecologists etc.

As for dealing with pictures, you can install the readimage package
and then read in a jpeg as an  image matrix. Let me know if you need
specific help.

For tuotrials (there are 100s) start with the "Other" section on the
R-website and you will find books that you can buy from Amazon to user
contributed tutorials and book even conveniently classified as <100
pages to more than 100 pages long.

Enjoy.